Hello, we are here to help you!
We are a group of volunteers who live locally and are here to help you if you are self-islolatng due to Coronavirus.
We can help you with the following:
Picking up shopping
A friendly chat on the phone
Advising on shops that can deliver / take phone payments
If you need help, please call this number* to speak to one of the volunteers in our Central Hub.
* By contacting this number you are consenting to your contact details being held.
Please note this phone line is for self-isolating people who need information, practical help or a calm & friendly voice.
When delivering anything we will leave it on your doorstep, move to a safe distance and then call you to let you know it is there, We will wait to watch you collect it before leaving.
When Self Isolating:
- try to keep at least 2 metres (3 steps) from other people in your home, particularly people over 70, or those with long-term health conditions.
- ask friends, family and delivery services to deliver things like food shopping and medicines but leave them outside.
- sleep alone, if possible.
- regularly wash your hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds
- drink plenty of water and take paracetamol to help with your symptoms.
NHS AdviceKirkby Lonsdale on Facebook
- do not have visitors to your home (ask people to leave deliveries outside).
- do not leave your home, for example to go to work, school, or public areas, and do not use public transport or taxis.
- If possible, you should not go out even to buy food or other essentials, other than exercise, and in that case at a safe distance from others.