A job vacancy has arisen within the Kirkby Lonsdale Community Interest Company (CIC). This is a part-time position, based at the Information & Gift Shop in Kirkby Lonsdale, working under the Town & Tourism Manager.
Town and Tourism Assistant
28 hours a week Maximum
- Ideally someone interested in Tourism with local knowledge
- Working with the Town and Tourism Manager to promote Kirkby Lonsdale and all it has to offer.
- Developing ideas for creative marketing campaigns particularly over social media platforms.
- Manage spreadsheets and be financially literate.
- Work in a dynamic environment that requires a flexible and collaborative approach.
- Retail experience would be an advantage.
- Have a customer focused approach.
- Work with a volunteer team in a supportive role
To be successful in this role you’ll have the commercial awareness to deliver sales and meet deadlines combined with ability to plan and prioritise. You must be able to meet the challenges of a dynamic environment. This post needs someone who is flexible and collaborative. It is essential is that you enjoy engaging with people, you have a positive attitude.
- Proven experience of marketing with social media
- Solid computer skills, including MS Office particularly excel
- Well-organised and detail oriented
- Exceptional communication and copywriting skills
- Understand the complexities of working in the community focused volunteer sector.
- A Tourism background would be an advantage.
- Enjoy working in a team
3rd September 2019
Interviews will be held on the 11th September
To apply please email a letter of application explaining why this job appeals to you together with a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal discussion please contact Janet Nuttall, Town and Tourism manager on 015242 97177.