A great line-up of food and drink experts will be taking to the stage at the Taste Cumbria food festival in Kirkby Lonsdale.
This year’s event takes place on Saturday, April 13 and Sunday, April 14 and is held in association with Taste Cumbria magazine and Cumbria Life.
The chefs who will be cooking up a storm for the show’s visitors are travelling from all over the county to take part. They include Ben Wilkinson from the acclaimed Cottage in the Wood near Keswick, Scott Fairweather from The Black Swan at Ravenstonedale, who has worked around the county and the country, and Oli Martin from Hipping Hall at Cowan Bridge who was a finalist in last year’s Masterchef: The Professionals.
Paul Lusted, from Kendal’s Creative Seafood will be sharing his Cumbrian catch of the day, while local star Luke Whittle, will be showing off skills learned at the Michelin-starred Forest Side at Grasmere and the Sun Inn in Kirkby Lonsdale. They will be joined by Nick Edgar, who had a Michelin star at The Samling and is the new head chef at The Ryebeck at Bowness, and Lee Scrimgeour, who breeds his own pigs at the Stonehouse Smokery near Carlisle.
And it’s not just about the food. Richard Bracken of Grapevine Wine near Keswick will be sharing his favourite tipples and Helen Askew, AKA the Tipsy Filly, from Carlisle will be creating some spring cocktails.
This is the third time Kirkby Lonsdale town has played host to a Taste Cumbria event. More than 30 producers will set up stall in Market Square, while Lunsdale Hall is home to the chef’s demonstrations and children’s activities.
Event co-ordinator Mandy Norwood has set up the expert demonstrations. She says: “With so many fabulous chefs to choose from in Cumbria, it’s always exciting finding the best of this county’s talent to appear on our demo stage.
“They are always really well attended – not least because everyone gets to taste the fantastic food and drink at the end of each session!”
Taste Cumbria Demonstration Stage
Lunesdale Hall, New Road, Kirkby Lonsdale
Saturday, April 13 & Sunday, April 14
All demos are free
Saturday, April 13
- 11am Ben Wilkinson, Cottage in the Wood, near Keswick
- Noon Scott Fairweather, The Black Swan, Ravenstonedale
- 1pm Richard Bracken of Grapevine Wine, Threlkeld, near Keswick
- 2pm Masterchef:The Professionals finalist Oli Martin from Hipping Hall, Cowan Bridge
- 3pm Paul Lusted, of Creative Seafood, Kendal
Sunday, April 14
- 11am Luke Whittle, Forest Side, Grasmere
- Noon Spring cocktails with Helen Askew, The Tipsy Filly, Carlisle
- 1pm Nick Edgar, The Ryebeck, Bowness on Windermere
- 2pm Lee Scrimgeour, Stonehouse Smokery, Moorhouse, near Carlisle