Formerly known as ‘Cattle Market Yard’, the name had by 1911 changed to Salt Pie Lane. Cattle used to be sold in the adjoining Horse Market, and an enterprising lady living in the yard made hot salted mutton pies for sale to the traders. After consumption of the pies it was necessary to adjourn to the nearby ‘Green Dragon’ (now The Snooty Fox) to slake their thirst – the landlord of which just happened to be a relation!
Latest from Facebook
- Kirkby Lonsdale Charter Market Thursday, 22 August 2019
- Kirkby Lonsdale Country Markets Thursday, 22 August 2019
- Sweaty Mama Kirkby Lonsdale Friday, 23 August 2019
- Mamilates with Baby Friday, 23 August 2019
- Kirkby Lonsdale Big Sports Weekend Saturday, 24 August 2019
- Sedbergh Artisan Market Saturday, 24 August 2019
We are delighted to report a wonderful blog post, entitled, Views, Vaults & Malts, listing 20 things to do in Kirkby Lonsdale has been posted by Kirstie Pelling of the The Family Adventure Project. It's an expansive list of many...
A job vacancy has arisen within the Kirkby Lonsdale Community Interest Company (CIC). This is a part-time position, based at the Information & Gift Shop in Kirkby Lonsdale, working under the Town & Tourism Manager. Job Title Town and...